Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wow...is all I have to say

Know who this woman is? No, that's not my body with someone else's head on it! I know that's what many were thinking....hahahaha...Her name, Dara Torres. She is amazing. I have recently read up on her and there was actually a little blurp about her on MSN with this picture. She is 41 years old and will be the oldest female swimmer in the history of the olympic games to compete. She's also a mom of a 2 year old girl. Is her body amazing or what? She really is inspiring....

I was thinking today about weight...I was speaking with a lady today that has a daughter the same age as Walker. I was actually at my parents house and a nephew and niece of mine were there too...all were outside playing. (storm was rolling through and the weather was GORGEOUS!) Anyway, she asked me if all 5 kids were mine! I said, oh no...only 3 of them!!! She then says, wow, I was gonna say, how can you be so skinny after 5 kids? But even though all 5 of them aren't yours, how are you so LUCKY to be so skinny after 3? I just laughed at her comment and said, well, I'm not lucky...I actually work really hard to be the way I am. She didn't really say anything after that. And I think that a lot of people that see me, really do think that I am one of those "lucky" ones that just happens to be skinny. When that is definitely not the truth. As most know, I do work out VERY MUCH and try my best to eat as healthy as possible. No I'm not 100%, hence the reason why I don't have a body like Dara Torres! As I drove home tonight and was thinking though, I really do take pride in my body...though I may get down on myself at times and have those "poor me" moments...working out is just apart of who I am. It's something that I love and something that I love to see results from. So, I'll keep donig what I'm doing...and someday, maybe someday, when I'm 41 years old I MIGHT look as good as that girl up in that picture....

3 comments:

Diane said...

if you ask me.. it kinda looks like someone put their head on YOUR body!! ;)

Heather said...

I believe you can have that body if that is what you want. And it is truly commendable all the work you put into yourself, something to be proud of!

Nikki said...

I want that Body, ok You made a new goal for me.