Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vegetable Soup

Thanks to this cute girl, I had this for lunch!!!
Well, not exactly lunch, more like a snack since I didn't eat it until 2pm!!! ha! It was VERY good and now I'll have lunch for like a whole week! yay!!!!

Vegetable Soup
Poured a super large can of chicken broth into a large saucepan. -Turned stove onto high.-Added cubed red potatoes(6-8) and baby carrots sliced in 1/2 -probably 3 cups worth. (?)-Add sea salt, coarse pepper, 2-3 cloves of minced garlic.-Let that boil for about 15 min., turn down heat to med.-Add 1-2 cups of cut up broccoli, 1 can of corn, 1 can of kidney beans, 2 more cups of broth.(I had cooked lentils in the fridge, so I put those in... 1-2 cups)(makes for a COLORFUL meal)To season I added: (shakes of) garlic salt, curry powder, tony chachere's (creole seasoning),a bit of ground marjoram, and paprika. And more salt and pepper... and voila!!Soooooo yummy and tasty, all in about 1/2 hour!!!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

that may taste good.... but i'm sure its nutritional factor does NOT compare to that of potato soup (we make) that consists of half/half, velveeta, sour cream, bacon, and some other stuff...
BEAT THAT!

sara said...

You made the soup! It's yummy, huh!? :) Glad you like it!

You are prego and workout harder than me! You're an animal!!!! :)