Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Factors

I continue to be amazed at how many factors can come into play when running. What I mean is, how one day a 9 mile run can seem so easy, but then the next day a 5 mile run is difficult. Last week I had two days where I ran 5 miles each...and they were very difficult. Yet, I was running in almost 90 degree weather. That same week, I ran 9 miles and I felt SO GOOD...the temp? probably around 65 degrees! The heat can take so much out of you, it's amazing. Lack of water, lack of food, too much food, how much sleep i am getting...all big factors in my running performance. My speed is getting better, especially on my long run days. When I ran 9 miles last week, I did it in 1 hour and 35 minutes...that works out to having 10 minute, 33 second mile. Not too bad for me! That's about a minute and a half faster then what I've been running in the past. I am feeling good and am getting excited for the 1/2 marathon, which is coming up quickly!!! I keep wondering what I am going to do next???!!! What will I get to work towards after this next race???

No comments: