Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yum!

I did my 4 miles today and it was rough AGAIN!!! It was very hot outside and I think that was my problem!!! Anyway, I still did it...looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Even though I wont be "resting" per say...I wont be running, but I will be doing my P90X workout to continue in my buffness!!! hahahaha

I'm including the recipe for our dinner from last night....TOTALLY loved this...especially the sugar snap peas...i'm a sucker for those! i Love them!!!! (recipe is from picky palate)
Vegetable Ziti with Garlic Caper Cream Sauce and Bacon Crumbles

1 lb dry ziti pasta noodles ( i used whole wheat penne)

2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 medium red bell peppers, finely diced
8 oz bag sugar snap peas
2 medium zucchini, halved then thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons capers
¾ Cup heavy cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
12 slices precooked bacon, crisped and crumbled (I used turkey bacon not precooked...and I didnt use 12 slices...maybe only 5 or 6)

1. Cook ziti noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. Place oil into a large 5 qt skillet or other large pot over medium heat. When hot, stir in bell peppers, sugar snap peas, zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low.
3. Place oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and capers for 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until bubbly and starting to thicken slightly.
4. Pour noodles into vegetables then pour sauce over pasta. Stir in crumbled bacon until combined on low heat. Season with additional salt and pepper and parmesan cheese to taste. Enjoy!

I really used to HATE cooking. But over the last few months, I have really started to actually enjoy it! I love getting new recipes and trying them out. Sometimes they are good, sometimes NOT so good! But overall, they have all been pretty tasty...and for the most part, pretty healthy too. I've found that there is a certain satisfaction in taking the time to cook something, and it turn out really good...and my family really enjoy it! I still hate making the dinner schedule every week....but I actually don't mind cooking the dinners!!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

that's how i am! i'm a huge fan of cookbooks & recipes. i can NEVER pass em up. and looks totally FABULOUS!! not so much of snap peas, but i love just peas!! and i'm sure it wasn't for me, but thanks for the taco recipe! :)